Thursday, September 19, 2013

FSF #4

It's been too long since I've had another one of these Flower Symbolism Facts so here one is! (And yes, I have been slacking in posting lately, I'm sure you noticed. Comments would really help encourage me to post!)
One of my newest accessory creations in the hair flower section was Amalie (a white daisy). Click here to view!

At one time or another, I know we've all picked a flower and started pulling it apart, petal by petal saying "He loves me..he loves me not..." ect. This tradition actually originated in Victorian times. A broken-hearted young damsel would pick a daisy and begin pinking off the petals, one by one, while singing "he loves me, he loves me not," the outcome of which was said to be the outcome of her future relationship, the custom of which is still in use today.
It is said that each flower has a message. Innocence, purity,  ('"You have as many virtues as this plant has petals," or, "I will consider your request."') is that of the daisy's. Also, the symbolism of the white daisy is common love.

I hope you enjoyed these facts about the daisy! Like I said in my first FSF, it would be interesting if people were attracted to certain hair flower accessories, for which the symbolism of those flowers matched that person's personality. Feel free to contact me if you have any questions, and I love comments so don't forget those! 

No comments:

Post a Comment